Sunday, April 8, 2012

Plant Light Frame

Spring is the time of year that we who live in colder climates want to start tender plants indoors so they'll be ready to plant outdoors in our gardens in a month or two.
Here is a drawing of a good durable inexpensive plant light you can make at home. It takes a total of about 29 feet of PVC pipe. It cost me just a little over $14.00, including tax, for the supplies. I didn't buy PVC cement for the joints because I may want to take it apart and store it when I'm not using it. I used petroleum jelly on the connectors instead.
Indoor Light Garden Construction
I found these instructions at Utah State University Cooperative Extension. http://extension.usu.edu/htm/publications/ Just to the left of the word "publications" in the Google search bar, type "indoor light garden construction." Click on the first search result and you'll find the detailed instructions in a PDF file.

No comments:

Post a Comment