Sunday, April 8, 2012

Cloth-covered Easter basket without Easter Grass

When my children were small, I put Easter grass in their Easter baskets, but it was messy. I decided to make cloth covers instead. I used leftover scraps of fabric I already had, or you can buy cute Easter patterns.
Easter Basket without Easter Grass, cloth cover
Cut fabric out leaving plenty of room to sew a 1/4 inch hem to finish raw edges. Use buttons, Velcro or snaps to close the holes around the handles. Slip a scrap of quilt batting between the fabric and the basket (optional) to give the fabric a little cushion.

The best thing about these cloth covers is that they can be washed after the kids have eaten all their candy. I usually washed them just before Easter the next year so the candy could be put into a clean cloth cover. No more Easter grass mess!


No comments:

Post a Comment